So why is cross browser compatibility important and what steps does Saxon Websites™ take to ensure that your new business website looks attractive across the entire spectrum of available browsers? Although Google Chrome and Safari have the lions share of users, they are not the only browsers on the market and failing to ensure your website looks and performs well in the others, will, damage your company reputation and result in a loss of business – it’s as simple as that. Imagine if a potential client clicks to view your company website and the page doesn’t parse properly? Imagine if all the headings are incorrectly aligned and elements of your page overlap each other … it wouldn’t give a very good impression would it? And more importantly, you’ll have just lost a customer for sure. Cross browser compatibility is a process that we undertake with all new website designs, irrespective of type or size – we will maximize your audience and make sure that your website doesn’t let you down. At the end of the day, your website is a reflection on us and our capabilities as well – we understand this.
Our cross browser compatibility process will include us checking the new website design, before release, not only in 5 of the latest versions of Google Chrome – but also in 10 of the latest versions of Mozilla Firefox, 6 versions of Internet Explorer, 4 of the latest versions of Safari as well as Opera and Edge. There are many browsers out there and it would not be feasible or practical to test your new design against every one unfortunately– but, the browsers that we do test against accounts for over 99% of the entire market. It should be noted that the remaining 1% share of the browser market consists mainly of older browsers used solely in the domestic markets and generally these are not really suitable for, or indeed used by business. Some companies will provide cross browser compatibility as a chargeable extra – we provide a cross browser compatibility service to ensure our work is right and of course, it’s free if it’s our website design that we’re checking.